Best Pain Relief for Toothache
If you are looking for the best pain relief for toothache, you can opt for several remedies. These usually include the following:
- When you brush your teeth, make sure that you floss it as well. Do not forget to rinse your mouth using a good mouthwash in order to clear out the remaining germs or debris. This is to ensure that your germs and bacteria will not buildup as these can aggravate toothache condition.
- Alternate use of hot and cold compress can help reduce tooth pain. Simply apply hot or cold compress on your cheek where the painful tooth is to reduce the pain.
- Lemon juice was also proven effective against toothache. You can use lemon juice to massage the affected tooth and gum to relieve the pain and reduce the swelling.
- Keep a small amount of hydrogen peroxide inside your mouth for several minutes. Spit it out and rinse your mouth, just like how you do it with a mouthwash. Hydrogen peroxide is helpful in relieving pain, inflammation and infection, which are often associated with gum problems.
- Gargling water with baking soda is also beneficial. Baking soda is helpful in alleviating the pain. If baking soda is not available, you can use whiskey instead. Gargling and rinsing your mouth with whisky can be very helpful in alleviating the pain due to tooth or gum problems.
- Mustard oil is another effective remedy against tooth pain. You can use mustard oil in combination with turmeric powder. Just apply the mixture on the painful tooth and area of the gum to relieve it. Take note that turmeric has natural healing properties, thus making it potent against tooth pain.
Any of these remedies can be considered as the best pain relief for toothache. However, aside from these, there are over the counter medications that you can also resort to. However, you have to make sure that you take the medication properly to prevent the side effects. There are over the counter analgesics available for the condition. If you are unsure of what to take, you can consult your dentist and ask for prescription medicines.